World Forum of Future Leaders of Environment
24 February – 1 March 2018
University of Tehran, Faculty of Natural Resources
Young people constitute a large part of the world's population and young people will have to live longer with the consequences of current environmental decisions than will their elders. The problem today is that many people are ignorant and oblivious of their responsibility to the environment and have thus continued to unknowingly or knowingly carry out activities that are harmful to the environment. In order to counter this, great focus is being pointed at youth as agents of change to sustain the environment and create awareness among the whole human population. As we saw in the past, there are many more rules, laws, conventions are made for protecting the environment but there is no effective implementation. For this implementation youth play a vital role.
World Forum for Future Leaders of Environment motivates young people to get involved with issues that affect the environment and to exchange experiences and ideas and to work together. The forum is a unique opportunity in order to enhance international cooperation, increase knowledge about nature, raise awareness of environmental problems and to strengthen participation of youth in environmental decision-making.
The forum consists of lectures, team working, walking tours, sport and cultural programs and also sightseeing excursions to natural and historical sites.
- Access to lectures by prominent international scholars and professionals, interactive discussions, simulations, and site visits
- Opportunity to explore Iranian culture through immersive activities
- Opportunity to interact with people from diverse nationality and cultural backgrounds
- Participants will be accommodated in University of Tehran Guest House for 6 nights (free of charge)
- Full-board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and coffee breaks
- Visa Invitation Letter (if needed)
- Free Airport transfer (Tehran Airport-Venue-Tehran Airport)
- Free guided tours to Tehran (Azadi Tower, Negarestan Garden, National Museum, National Garden, Nature Bridge), Karaj (Shah Abbasi Castle, Flower Garden), Kashan (Fin Garden, Abbasi House, Agha Bozorg Mosque) and Qom (Fatima Masumeh Shrine)
- Free Desert Tour (dinner included)
- Green Activities (Tree Planting, …)
- Free Walking tours in Soleymanieh Palace, Botanical Garden and Zoological Museum
- Free Access to sport facilities (pool, gym, football pitch, …)
- Gifts and Souvenirs
- Young professionals and students of any nationality are eligible to apply
- Age 18 to 38 years old
- Able to communicate in English
- Interested in sustainable development and/or environment
If you are interested to apply for the forum, please kindly fill the application form by 29 of December 2017. Selected participants will be notified up to 5 of January 2018. Selected participants will be requested to send us flight tickets up to 15 of January 2018 in order to confirm their participation, otherwise he/she will be withdrawn and participants of waiting list will be replaced. If you need visa to travel to Iran, we will assist you. Also organizers will provide free travel tips to book tickets for you!
To find more information: